28. Coach Leslie Trujillo: Dream Big, Pursue Your Passions, and Keep Showing Up!
In this episode, Coach P holds a conversation with world-class performance coach, Leslie “Coach C” Trujillo. Coach Trujillo is a trainer, coach, college professor, mom, and motivational specialist. She is a former D1 tennis player, host of “The…Read More
27. Tanner Gardner, Rice University Senior Associate AD / Chief Operating Officer and Wrestling Legend: Live with Excellence
In this episode, Coach P has an incredibly inspirational conversation with high-performer, Tanner Gardner. Coach P had the honor of being one of Tanner’s private wrestling coaches while Tanner was in high school and they remain, close friends, today….Read More
26. Re-creation: Wrestling with the process of constant growth and improvement.
In this episode, Coach P discusses the consistent process of re-creation and best practices to become a better version of yourself. *** If you enjoy Coach P’s Perspective Podcast, please consider doing a few things: Subscribe and then give it a…Read More
25. Wrestling Coach Extraordinaire, Kerry McCoy: Always Getting Better
In this episode, Coach P talks with the Legendary, Coach Kerry McCoy. Coach McCoy was a 2 x NCAA National Champion Wrestler for Penn State, Dan Hodge Award Winner (Heisman Trophy of Wrestling), Multi-time US Freestyle National Champion, World…Read More
24. $ in the Bank: Wrestling with preparation now to achieve success later.
In this episode, Coach P discusses the importance of preparation in all areas of life in order to be successful. You must have money in the bank to make a withdrawal and you have to do the work to earn that money. *** If you enjoy Coach P’s…Read More
23. Glen Lanham, Duke University Head Wrestling Coach, on Embracing Challenges
In this episode, Coach P has a great conversation with Glen Lanham, Head wrestling coach for Duke University. Coach Lanham is the first-ever Black Head Coach at Duke University, in any sport. Coach Lanham has placed Duke Wrestling on the map and now…Read More
22. 5 Things I’d Tell My Younger Coaching Self
In this episode, Coach P discusses 5 things he’d tell himself as a younger coach if he could go back in time. Below are the 5 areas Coach P discusses in this podcast episode. Love. Be a transformational coach. Find a mentor. Only take advice or…Read More
21. 5 Things I’d Tell My Younger Athletic Self
In this episode, Coach P discusses 5 things he’d tell his younger athletic self if he could go back in time. Enjoy it Keep working hard Do it for God and You Be a student of the sport Be a mentee and a mentor Bonus: It’s okay to fail *** If…Read More
20. Keep Your Power: 5 ways to improve your mental health and emotional state right now.
In this episode, Coach P discusses 5 ways to “Keep Your Power.” Pray Make a decision Take action Focus on what you focus on Intentionally fill your mind with good *** If you enjoy Coach P’s Perspective Podcast, please consider doing a few…Read More
19. Legendary Wrestling Coach Jody Thompson on Being a Builder
In this episode, Coach P speaks with Legendary college wrestling coach, Jody Thompson, aka, Coach T. Coach T was a multi-time college All-American, iconic coach for Labette College, and is in numerous Hall of Fames. Listen as Coach T shares his heart…Read More