27. Tanner Gardner, Rice University Senior Associate AD / Chief Operating Officer and Wrestling Legend: Live with Excellence
In this episode, Coach P has an incredibly inspirational conversation with high-performer, Tanner Gardner.
Coach P had the honor of being one of Tanner’s private wrestling coaches while Tanner was in high school and they remain, close friends, today.
Tanner was an incredible athlete and student while in high school and college. Here are a few of his accomplishments:
- 2 x Undefeated KS Wrestling, Class 5A, State Champion
- 80-0 in his final two HS seasons
- Fargo and Fila All-American Wrestler
- Greco-Roman Junior National Champion
- 3 x NCAA All-American for Stanford University
- 2 x Academic All-American
- Stanford Career Wins leader with 145 wins
- Pac-12 All-Century Wrestler
- Inducted into the Stanford Athletic Hall of Fame
- Bachelor and Master Degrees from Stanford University
- MBA from Harvard University
- Assistant Wrestling Coach for Harvard University
In this episode, Tanner discusses growing up in a family that spoke of and lived out excellence. He shares what drove him to become elite in wrestling, school, and even piano. Tanner also discusses his current daily routine to stay in shape mentally, physically, and Spiritually. He shares thoughts on his work at Rice University and also how we can help Stanford Wrestling reinstate wrestling.
This is a can’t miss episode, featuring one of the most incredible young men Coach P has ever worked with in sports and life. Get your note pad before you listen because Tanner is dropping wisdom all throughout.
You can find about Tanner right here: https://riceowls.com/staff-directory/tanner-gardner/6
If you enjoy Coach P’s Perspective Podcast, please consider doing a few things:
- Subscribe and then give it a 5-star rating on Apple Podcast.
- Write an awesome review of what you love about the show.
- Please share the episode on your social media pages.
Thank You and much love!
Be sure to connect with Coach P on Social Media for more inspirational messages and coaching:
Interested in sponsoring the podcast? Please e-mail Coach Chad Parks at email@example.com
Intro music by Gerald Gray, aka Twish Foaves.
You can follow Twish Foaves at:
Check out the Lane Frost Brand at:
Coach P’s favorite health and wellness products: